Monday, July 18, 2011

For What It's Worth

I have been blogging for about three years. (String Too Short to Tie, Retrotechnocracy) A few days ago, a friend suggested that I might engage in political commentary. I have tried to stay out of that arena. Yet once in a while...

I may well be a bit more unleashed here. Agree with me, or disagree with me; but don't hate on me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it is wrong. But do try to avoid being wrong. We respect all people. All opinions, not so much.

A few days ago, my beautiful spouse was reading a travelogue I had written. I had used the term "bob warr" for which she immediatly chided and chastised me. "Barb wire," she said, "b-a-r-b w-i-r-e." "Not so," said I. "It is bob warr, and I spelled it correctly."

Yours for correctness, meaning behaving in the right way for the right reason, whether or not it is politic,
Bob Warr

If I were going to give an inch in this argument, I would point out that the technically correct term would be "barbed wire," but I'll not be revisiting this topic with the Loved One.

No comments: