Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Enquiring minds want to know

Am I the only person who is bothered by this?


It is wintertime, three days before Christmas, in point of fact.  The lady newsreaders are all attired in sleeveless frocks suitable perhaps for say, August.  Yet there they are in sleeveless attire.

This phenomenon is more or less universal, at least it is not confined to this channel; they are all doing it.  The men, hot as it may be in the studio, are in full suits, three-piece with tie so we cannot simply conclude that the ladies are choosing comfort over appropriate style.

Further, I think, we may conclude that none of the attire, either for the men or for the women is an individual choice.  I think management dictates the choices, or at least the styles if not the individual outfits.  Bad choices, too.

Am I way off base here?

3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

It is all formulaic. It's a numbers game, with big bucks at stake for the competition winner in your area. Reminds me of the words from the song, "They're all made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same." Glad I got out of that world and found one of sanity.

Lin said...

I find the sleeveless look in winter to be odd, but that is the option more often than not in the business attire/dressy sections of the stores and online shopping. I know you aren't browsing the holiday catalogs, but most of the dresses are sleeveless. I always wonder what us cold climate gals are supposed to do.

vanilla said...

Chuck, imagine my surprise when I found this post with comments, even. After placing it in queue, I decided to take it down and promptly forgot all about it. like going into the kitchen and asking oneself, "What am I here for?"

Lin, almost as bad as sleeveless, or maybe worse is the sleeved dress but with great gaping holes at the shoulders. What is it with naked shoulders? I really thought I would discard this "diatribe" as I thought I am probably the only person who thinks this way and I'll appear to be a knucklehead. Oh, in answer to your question: Wear sleeves and in this kind of weather, layer them up!