Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bless Me Lord

The scripture lesson is I Chronicles 4:9-10, the account of Jabez and his prayer.

Four elements of Jabez's prayer

    1.  Bless me, bless me.
    2.  Enlarge my territory.
    3.  Let Your hand be with me.
    4.  Keep me from evil.

"Attempt something large enough that failure is guaranteed...unless God steps in."
  --Bruce Wilkinson

Or, as Keith Drury said, "Set Big Hairy Audacious Goals."

The most damaging evil is not what happens to me, but what comes from within.

Help me think the best first and the worst last. 

Don't wallow in the grime of self-doubt.

Evil seems to dwell in the shadow of self.

GOD WANTS TO TAKE GOOD ORDINARY PEOPLE AND DO EXTRAORDINARY THINGS THROUGH THEM.

For 2018, trust in prayer and the promises of God.

 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 Jeremiah 29:11-13

Pastor Johnnie Blair
Sunday morning

No comments: