Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving dinner

I avoid most of the click bait when scrolling down a facebook page but occasionally one is just too tempting and I bite, usually to my regret or at least to my dismay.

Yesterday the bait was something on the order of "ten things that should never appear on the Thanksgiving dinner table."

Just about every traditional item served on Thanksgiving was listed along with snide commentary on each.  What an ingrate.  It is Thanksgiving and some spoiled "Me-only" is whining because his cheeseburger and lollipop is not on the table?

Such an attitude of ingratitude is a direct result of people believing that nothing and no one beyond the self matters.

At the least, be grateful for the air you breathe.  I'm trying real hard to be thankful that I can share it with you.

No comments: