Friday, February 23, 2018

Afternoon in the Lab

In hospital lab this afternoon to get an ekg.  Bared chest.  Technician while attaching electrodes said, "Oh, yes, I can see you've had this done before."

I laughed.  "Split me open two years ago last month."

"Where did you have that done?"

"Methodist Hospital.  Dr. Beckman."

"Oh, yes.  I have heard of him."

"Gave me a bovine valve."

"That," she said, "is the Cadillac of heart valves."

I chuckled.  "Very funny-- cattle- ack of valves."

"Oh!  she exclaimed.  "I made a pun and didn't even realize it.

6 comments:

Lin said...

That's cute.

So glad you are feeling well!

vanilla said...

Lin, thanks. Will keep you posted.

Grace said...

I hope it is all good news...

vanilla said...

Grace, any useful information as it becomes available. Truth is, the heart is fine!

Secondary Roads said...

Good to read that your heart is fine. It's also obvious that it's in the right place.

vanilla said...

Chuck, thank you very much.