Sunday, May 8, 2016

Family Impressions


We teach our children either by accident or on purpose. 

1.  Parenting by accident involves things we did not mean to teach them.
2.  Ask yourself, "What am I doing on purpose?"





Parenting on purpose.

Teach your children to
1.  Fear God.  " Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear."  I Peter 1:17 (NIV)

     God is Holy.  First fear God; see not only the love of God but also the wrath of God.

"Until you fear God you will not understand grace and the depths of His love."

2.  Seek God.  Search for Him with all your heart and soul.  "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near."  Isaiah 55:6  (NIV)

"It is the parents' job to help their children find God." 

3.  Love God.  "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."  Matthew 22:37  (NIV)
 
Jesus taught that this is the first and great commandment.


4.  Serve God.  "Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always."  Deuteronomy 11:1

"As a parent, it starts with me.  I have to get my heart right if I am going to positively impact  my kid's heart for Jesus."

Help the kids to serve by creating an environment where they can figure out what God has placed in their hearts.

"As a parent I must model the things I would have the children do."
 Pastor Johnnie Blair
Sunday morning

No comments: