Wednesday, March 9, 2016

C'est plus change...

Just reading around here and there during my too frequent idle moments:
 
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --MT
I think about this often, especially during an election cycle.

"[He] was endowed with a stupidity which by the least little stretch would go around the globe four times and tie." --MT
 Does this bring anyone in particular to mind?  Well, no one with whom I am personally acquainted.


4 comments:

Grace said...

I was going to ask who MT was but as I was typing the light dawned - (And now the name Ambrose Bierce jumped into my head, I suppose I somehow connected these two in my mind.)

Lin said...

I keep waiting for Trump to say "Hahaha! I was just foolin' ya'll. I just wanted to see who would vote for me when I was the most obnoxious"

Secondary Roads said...

I invoke my fifth amendment rights.

vanilla said...

Grace, interesting. I sometimes associate MT with Ambrose Bierce, too. And Bret Harte. Must be the era.

Lin, oh, could that but happen.

Chuck, your "no comment" is received without comment. Unless that is a comment.