Sunday, December 30, 2018

Pastor's Testimony

Pastor asserted that he had had a roller coaster 2018.  He believed that he was led to share some of his thoughts on his experiences which included the death of his father, the celebration of 20 years of marriage, and the wedding of his eldest child.
Are you drowning in despair and frustration?  Are you experiencing a crisis of faith?

1.  Learn to let things go.
     Pain can replace the security blanket, our trust in the Lord.  Let it go.
     Many good things.  Though many questions arose, God has brought amazing people into my life.
2.  Learn to let people in.
     Who has my back?  Who would believe the best of me even though they had heard the worst?
     Are we really bad at receiving gifts of compassion?
     Throughout the Second Book of Samuel the writer speaks of David's mighty men, men who knew David's strengths, who knew his short-comings yet men who were always there for him.
3.  Learn to trust Jesus as the Lord of your life.
     He is in charge; He knows what is best for me.


In 2 Timothy 1 we read Paul's testimony.  He is saved and called to the ministry of the Gospel; he suffers for the cause, yet nevertheless, he writes, "I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.."  (2 Timothy 1:6-14.  Read it.)

Feelings may get in the way, but know that He knows what is best for you.  He loves you with an unending love.

Pastor concluded the message by singing the song which has become "the anthem of his heart."

"I'd Rather Have Jesus."
I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold I'd rather be his than have riches untold
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or land
Yes I'd rather be led by his nail pierced hands
Than to be the king of a best domain and beheld in sins dread sway
I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today.
Pastor Johnnie Blair
Sunday morning

No comments: