Sunday, January 21, 2018

Don't Forget Me

Continuing to follow the account of Abraham and Sarah, Genesis 14-16.  Looking today at the couple, failing in patience awaiting God's promise of offspring, hatch a plan outside the will of God.

Snippets from Pastor's sermon:
Whenever we act outside the will of God there will be negative consequences.
Too often instant gratification gets you into serious financial difficulty.
God's time-frame is not the same as yours.
When you receive a promise of God, it is as good as done.
 "I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them,
    and my soul is downcast within me.Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.'
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."  --Lamentations 3:19-26 (NIV)
 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him.
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Pastor Johnnie Blair
Sunday morning


No comments: