Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home Economics

The Mrs. is putting a new trashbag in the kitchen wastebasket.

Bob:  What brand did you get this time?

She:  I don't know; they were cheap.

He:  I know.  Don't get them anymore.

She:  Why not?  I don't have any problem with them.

He:  No.  All you do is put them in the basket.  I ripped three holes in one this morning before I could get it tied up.

Fact of life:  Someone can, and will, produce an inferior imitation of any product and sell it for less.  Caveat emptor.

4 comments:

Lin said...

So, you end up doubling up on bags and it costs you the same or more. Plus the aggravation. The few pennies you think you are saving isn't worth it if you ask me.


Joe made the mistake of buying generic mac 'n cheese one time. Tasted like sand. We STILL talk about that and he now knows not to do that again!

vanilla said...

Lin, I guess it is all a matter of learning by experience!

Vee said...

So true.

vanilla said...

Vee, true, and sad, too.